This delicious dessert is such a simple and quick snack that is full of protein and essential fatty acids. And it fits into vegan, paleo and gluten- free lifestyles! I love this recipe so much especially because it is so versatile and easy to switch up the ingredients for a variety of different flavors. Like all the best things in life it is very forgiving so don't feel shy to experiment.
I like to soak my raw cashews over night, but they can soak for only a few hours if you are in a time crunch or forget the night before, so don't worry. If the pudding comes up too thin, just add more chia seeds, too thick you can always add a splash of almond milk!
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup filtered water
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 dates (pitted)
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
Pinch of sea salt/ himalayan salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ or fresh vanilla bean
4 Tbsp. Chia seeds
1. Soak the raw cashews in cool water at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the nuts and place them into your blender.
3. Add 1 cup filtered water, coconut oil, dates, sweeter, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Blend on high speed until smooth. ( This is also the where you can add any powdered herbs/adaptogens/ berries or other flavoring)
3. Transfer the cashew cream into a large bowl. Add the chia seeds and stir making sure they don't clump together. I like to mix them and them let them sit, then mix again for about 15 minutes to let them hydrate.
4. Transfer into serving dish, or individual mason jars and refrigerate for about 2 hours so it can set.
5. Top with berries, cacao, bee pollen, maple syrup or other nuts. Best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or so,
-Raspberry- Shown here and probably my fav combo, I love the sweetness the berries adds to this recipe. I also add cacao and bee pollen toppings too!
-Cacao- top with cacao nibs and add 1 Tbsp into blend, raw cacao is a little bitter so you may need to add a bit more sweetener, Pairs great with honey
-Maple Blueberry- Berries can be used as a topping or blended into the mixture as well!
-Matcha Lemon- This is a divine combo!
-Coconut Cinnamon- yum!